More specifically, the ReYarn project aims:
- To help the City of Copenhagen to prepare for the 2022 separate textile collection requirement in DK by finding sustainable and innovative solutions for treatment of textile household waste.
- To develop and test a public-private post-consumer textile value chain collaboration model, where textile collection, sorting, reuse, recycling and sourcing of recycled materials are integrated into one single model in a traceable and transparent way.
- To increase the preparation for reuse of collected textiles locally by building collaboration between a sorter and a local resell organisation.
- To stimulate uptake and use of post-consumer recycled fibres in new products through public and private procurement.
- To gain knowledge and practical experience in implementing circular economy solutions within textiles that can be shared with others.
News source: Copenhagen Circular